- Personal information I collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorised Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order of signs or key rings, for example), if you contact me directly.
- The Legal Base for Information Collection
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by UK tax law; and
- The third parties with whom I may share personal information
The GDPR (2018) requires that I disclose the details of any personal information I share with third parties.
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies- for example the Royal Mail or UPS. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
- The length of time I keep personal information
The GDPR (2018) requires me to disclose the period of time during which I will store personal information.
- If transferring personal information outside of Europe, how the transfer will be handled
GDPR (2018) requires me to disclose if you transfer personal information outside of the EU and the legal bases you rely on to do so, such as consent and contractual necessity.
The only circumstance in which I would transfer personal information out of the European Union would be for delivery purposes through trustworthy services such as the Royal Mail or UPS or similar postal services.
- Buyers’ rights regarding my use of your personal information and my contact details
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Apart from exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Heather Barber, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
*If a customer contacts me to access, correct or delete personal information held by Etsy, I will request that the customer send a request directly to Etsy.